VIA pc-1 System Platform Architecture
The essence of the VIA pc-1 System Platform Architecture is centered around its hallmark ultra efficient silicon and platform technologies, which incorporate optimized x86 microprocessors, digital media core-logic chipsets, and ultra compact mainboards. From this defined and inventive platform has emerged a remarkably adaptable, scalable spectrum of devices, with a focused design for addressing the needs of emerging countries.
- VIA pc-1 Processor Platforms
- VIA pc-1 Mainboard Reference Designs
- VIA pc-1 System Reference Designs
As many nations around the world struggle to gain access into the global economy, a multitude of technological needs arise, requiring tailored applications, designs and abilities. VIA has been at the vanguard of meeting these needs and exceeding expectations. Focal points of VIA's design have included developing remarkably reliable, distinct, malleable, energy efficient and robust products and devices, capable of withstanding some of the most challenging environmental conditions. Products and devices, which operate on low power, have high integration capabilities, are fully x86 compatible, and can withstand hot and dusty environments.
VIA pc-1 Processor Platforms
At the heart of the VIA pc-1 System Platform Architecture are the VIA pc-1 Processor Platforms, which were designed exclusively for the emerging markets of the world. They incorporate remarkable energy efficiency, rich digital media performance, excellent software compatibility, unparalleled connectivity features, and superior durability and scalability.
The four main VIA pc-1 Processor Platforms are as follows:
- VIA pc3500 Platform – features the latest technology within the 1.5GHz and 1.8GHz VIA C7-D processor, an ultra power efficient processor based on the 'Esther' core that includes support for the efficient VIA V4 bus and an extensive feature set within the StepAhead™ Technology Suite. The VIA C7-D processor is also the world’s first carbon free processor. Learn more.
- VIA pc2500 Platform – features the latest technology within the 1.5GHz VIA C7-D processor, an ultra power efficient processor based on the 'Esther' core that includes support for the efficient VIA V4 bus and an extensive feature set within the StepAhead™ Technology Suite. The VIA C7-D processor is also the world’s first carbon free processor. Learn more.
- VIA pc1500 Platform – features the 1GHz VIA C3 processor with advanced performance features and the VIA Padlock™ Security Engine, and is accompanied by the VIA CLE266 digital media IGP chipset. Highly power efficient, the processor boast a TDP of just 15 watts and consumes over 82% less power than comparable processors. Learn more.
- VIA pc1000 Platform – features the 800MHz VIA C3 processor with the VIA CLE266 digital media IGP chipset. Based on the VIA CoolStream Architecture, this processor comes delivers excellent performance per watt and has a maximum design power (TDP) of only 18 watts, using over 78% less power than competing processors targeted at emerging markets. Learn more.
All platforms are complemented by the VIA C-Series digital media chipsets that support the higher bandwidth and now more affordable DDR memory standard. The VIA C-Series boast the VIA UniChrome™ IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) 2D/3D graphics engine, a host of digital video enhancing processes including hardware MPEG-2 decode acceleration, and 6-channel surround sound audio for a richer multimedia experience, as well as extensive connectivity and storage options.
VIA pc-1 Mainboard & System Reference Designs
As part of the VIA pc-1 System Platform Architecture, VIA is developing a series of reference designs to reduce development costs and speed time to market for OEMs, system integrators and broadband providers. All VIA pc-1 system reference designs are built around a range of compact, power efficient mainboards:
- VIA pc3500 Mainboard based on the VIA pc3500 Platform. Learn more.
- VIA pc2500 Mainboard based on the VIA pc2500 Platform. Learn more.
- VIA pc1500 Mainboard based on the VIA pc1500 Platform. Learn more.
- VIA pc1000 Mainboard based on the VIA pc1000 Platform. Learn more.
To ensure maximum flexibility in tailoring products to meet the diverse needs of emerging markets, VIA pc-1 system reference designs are designed from the ground up to allow the creation of a broad spectrum of devices with different configurations, form factors and price points. Whether for individual, classroom, community, NGO or organization use, there is a VIA pc-1 reference design optimized for each environment.
- The VIA pc-1 Power Saving PC reference design is a full-featured, multimedia systems priced from the $US225 to $US300 range. It comes equipped with all the essential, standardized hardware and software for reliable quality, general-purpose use. A robust, energy-efficient PC ideal for Internet Cafés and Village Kiosks, the pc-1 Power Saving PC features a hard drive, monitor and a full set of connectivity and multimedia features and can run all leading operating systems and applications. Learn more.
- The VIA pc-1 PC Client reference designs address the needs of classroom, community and organization needs to greatly increase manageability, security and ease of deployment while reducing total cost of ownership. Operating under a variety of server-based environments, these networked clients can run all today's key computing, productivity and entertainment applications. Learn more.
- The VIA pc-1 Notebook reference design combines leading technology and rich digital media performance with extended battery life to give the ultimate value notebook. The VIA pc2500 Mobile Platform featuring the highly power efficient VIA C7®-M mobile processor with its market-leading performance per watt and the Enhanced PowerSaver™ technology extends battery life while providing full performance for all today’s key computing applications.
- The VIA pc-1 PHD Appliance reference design comprises a series of devices designed to combat the issues of Power stability, Heat and Dust often prevalent in emerging markets; optimized for portability, reliability and low energy usage to minimize the taxation on energy sources and operation costs, as well as to operate on alternative forms of energy, such as vehicle batteries and solar panels. Their "smart" technology enables them to be configured to easily integrate desired hardware and software applications and utilize a wide range of connectivity services. They can also be configured to focus upon optimizing digital audio and video broadcasting stations in environmentally challenging conditions, as well as to establish last mile connectivity solutions in remote locations.