VIA Vinyl VT1708/A - 8-channel HD Audio Codec
||VIA's HD Audio codecs have been awarded the Windows Vista Premium logo, ensuring that the high definition features can be enjoyed with the new operating system.
VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs represent the next generation of sound quality, supporting the high definition HD Audio standard for a whole new immersive surround sound experience. The VIA Vinyl VT1708 series deliver top quality audio performance, supporting the latest 8-channel, 24-bit, 192KHz audio content for an all-round high fidelity experience.
Integrating stereo DACs with a 100dB S/N ratio and compliant with the Intel® High Definition Audio Rev. 1.0 specification, VIA HD Audio codecs include leading edge features such as a high quality headphone amplifier, enhanced recording support, and advanced power management features, making them ideal for mobile devices.
To complete the solution, VIA offers a stylish, easy to use driver with the VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs that enable full access to its wide range of features. The driver for the VIA VT1708 and VT1708A also optionally supports leading QSound technology that offers unmatched technologies to transforms the PC audio experience with enhancements for games, music, and movies as well as advanced feature control that allows users to fully customize their audio experience.
Target markets for the VIA HD Audio codecs include audio on motherboard solutions, and new convergence devices based on the x86 platform.
Intel High Definition Audio Specification Rev.1.0 Compliant
Premium Audio Quality
- Supports 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz DAC Independent Sample Rate
- All ADCs Support 48K/192KHz Independent Sample Rate
- Built in High Quality Headphone Amplifier
- Exceeds Microsoft PC2001 Requirements
Various Output Format
- 4 Stereo DACs Support 24-bit, 192KHz Samples
- DAC with 100dB S/N Ratio
- 2 Stereo ADCs Support 24-bit, 192KHz Samples
- ADC with 95dB S/N Ratio
- 8-Channels of DAC Support 16/20/24-bit PCM Format for 7.1 Audio Solution
- 16/20/24 bit S/PDIF TX Supports 24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96KHz Samples
- VT1708 supports S/PDIF out; VT1708A supports S/PDIF in and out
- High Quality Differential CD Input
- HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
- Analog CD Input Path for Compatibility
Low Power Consumption
- Supports EAPD (External Amplifier Power Down)
- Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
- Digital: 3.3V; Analog: 3.3V/5.0V
- Compatible with VIA VT1618 8-Channel AC'97 codec
- 48-Pin LQFP Package