VIA Vinyl™ VT1819S - 8 channel HD Audio Codec
||VIA's HD Audio codecs have been awarded the Windows® 7 logo, ensuring that the high definition features can be enjoyed in t he new operating system.
VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs represent the next generation of sound quality, supporting the high definition HD Audio standard for a whole new immersive surround sound experience. The VIA Vinyl VT1819S is a low power, high-fidelity 8-channel high definition audio codec designed for desktop PC and notebook audio systems.
The VIA Vinyl VT1819S integrates four 24-bit stereo digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and two stereo analog-to-digital converters (ADC), supporting audio sample rates up to 192 kHz and is compatible with the Intel High Definition Audio Specification.
Supporting Blu-ray and HD DVD Audio Content Protection as well as advanced VoIP and music enhancement functions, the VIA Vinyl VT1819S features two independent 16, 20, 24-bit S/PDIF TX Output channels that support sampling rates of 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 88.2 kHz. The second S/PDIF TX Out is dedicated for digital audio output to a HDMI transmitter.
The VT1819S features four built-in headphone amplifiers. An analog microphone features four sets of adjustable Vref-Out pins for microphone bias, while a digital microphone features mono and stereo support, with both supporting software selectable boost gain. The stereo ADCs and microphone array can support Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies. A high quality analog mixer is used to support A-A path.
The VIA Vinyl VT1819S is embedded with software utilities such as environment emulation, EQ, extender, and optional sound effects, including support for QSound, DTS Connect, Dolby Digital Live, Dolby PCEE program, Lab and Creative audio program.
The VT1819S is an upgraded version of the VT1818S with lower power consumption. It also features a built-in Low-dropout (LDO) regulator to reduce customer’s external circuit cost.
Target markets for the VIA HD Audio codecs include audio on motherboard solutions, and new convergence devices based on the x86 platform.
High Definition Codec
- Intel High Definition Audio Specification Rev.1.0 Compliant High Audio Quality
- Exceeds Microsoft Windows Logo Program (WLP) Requirements
- High-performance ADCs with 98dB SNR DACs with 100dB SNR Various Output Format
- 4 Stereo DACs Output Pairs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48/96/192/44.1/88.2 kHz sample rate
- 2 Stereo ADCs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 44.1K/48K/96K/192KHz sample rate
- 2 independent 16/24-bit S/PDIF TX Outputs supporting 16/20/24-bit, 48K/96K/44.1K/88.2KHz sample rate
Blu-ray and HD DVD Audi Content protection
- Content protection for full-rate lossless DVD audio, Blu-ray DVD, and HD DVD audio content playback*
- HPF In ADC Path for DC Removal
- High performance analog mixer for AA path
- Two Jack Detection Pins
- Digital: 3.3V
- Analog: 5V
- Built-in 5V to 4.4V LDO (Low-Dropout) Voltage Regulator
- Supports External Amplifier Power Down (EPAD)
- Power Management and Enhanced Power Saving Features
- Available in 48-Pin LQFP Lead-Free and RoHS compliant package
*with selected versions of WinDVD and PowerDVD