There are two ways to update the BIOS:
(This can be done under Windows environment):
1. Please first install the Flitedeck program (it is in the driver CD or could be downloaded from your motherboard's download page.)
2. Download the latest BIOS binary file (with most recent date) from www.viavpsd.com your motherboard's download page.
3. Start the Flashport program to flash the BIOS.
(System needs to boot into DOS prompt with bootable disk):
1. Make a bootable system 3.5" diskette.
2. Then copy the flash utility (eg. awfl818.exe) and the new BIOS file (eg. P4XBSOLI.BIN) onto this diskette. The latest BIOS update and flash utility can be downloaded from www.viavpsd.com for your specific product.
3. Boot the computer using this diskette.
4. At the A:> prompt type awfl818.exe (file name).BIN.
You can find out additional parameters of the flash program by type "awfl818/?". This will cause the flash utility to load and automatically use the new file. Just follow the prompts that you see on the screen. When you are through, reboot your computer. Please load the optimized default settings in the BIOS.
WARNING!! During the final flash process, power should not be disconnected and the process should not be interrupted or the motherboard will not be able to boot up.