VIA QuadCore Processor
VIA QuadCore processors combine four 64-bit 'Isaiah' cores on two dies, offering enhanced multi-tasking and superb multimedia performance on a low power budget.
Featuring a highly optimized, energy-efficient multi-core architecture, the VIA QuadCore processor delivers awesome performance across the board for multi-tasking, multimedia playback, productivity and internet browsing in a low power envelope. The distributed performance of the VIA QuadCore also makes it ideal for making the most of multi-display environments.
VIA QuadCore processors are natively 64-bit compatible and come with a host of additional performance features including Adaptive Overclocking, 4MB L2 cache, and the 1333MHz V4 Bus. With their low power design, they also offer industry-leading energy efficiency with the VIA QuadCore 1.2+ GHz processor delivering a TDP (Thermal Design Power) of only 27.5 watts.
Other advanced features include VIA VT virtualization, a technology that allows legacy software and applications to be used in virtual scenarios without impacting on performance, and VIA PadLock with the Advanced Cryptography Engine which delivers the world's fastest AES encryption. This hardware-based data encryption offers data encryption on the fly, an essential tool in content protection and system security.
Initially available at a speed of 1.2+GHz, VIA QuadCore processors are manufactured using the latest 40nm process, and feature a VIA NanoBGA2 package of 21mm x 21mm with a die size of 11mm x 6mm.They are also fully pin-to-pin compatible with VIA Eden, VIA C7 and VIA Nano E-Series, and VIA Eden X2 processors.
- Power-efficient architecture
- High-performance superscalar processing
- Out-of-order x86 architecture
- Efficient floating point unit (2 clock SP multiplies)
- Advanced multi-core processing
- 4MB L2 cache
- 1333MHz V4 Bus
- Native support for 64-bit operating systems
- Hardware virtualization support
- Advanced power and thermal management
- VIA AES hardware security features
- Secure Hash Algorithm: SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512
- Pin-to-pin compatibility with VIA processor range
Images related to the VIA QuadCore processor can be found here.